Dog Massage - Canine Myofunctional Therapy
Dog Massage, or Canine Myofunctional Therapy (Myo meaning muscle), blends massage with advanced canine anatomy. CMT is not pampering, it’s a remedial form of soft tissue and muscular manipulation that relies on a sound knowledge of the dog’s musculature. It promotes positive change and results in their health and mobility. Whether your dog has orthopaedic, neurological, soft tissue (muscle/tendons/ligaments/fascia) or a perceived behavioural or training change, CMT is a safe complimentary therapy for your dog.
CMT utilises different techniques, each of which with a specific function. Some movements are used to mechanically warm the muscle before progressing onto techniques used to break down scarring, rebuild muscles, stretch muscles through lengthening and shortening, separating muscle fibres that have adhered together, release spasms, repair areas of injury, promote full mobility in the limbs and much more.
Benefits of Dog Massage:
- Improved blood and lymphatic circulation
- Improved mobility and flexibility
- Relief from tension, soreness, stiffness & tightness
- Increased Range of Movement (ROM)
- Reduced adhesions, scarring & swelling (helping agility/obedience dogs of any level prepare for, & recover from, strenuous training and competition)
- Increased nutrient uptake, improving the coat, skin & general health
- Improves the regeneration of soft tissue eg: atrophied or wasted muscle
- Positively influences the body’s natural healing process
- Eliminates waste products, reducing recovery times ie: lactic acid responsible for stiffness after exercise
By releasing painful trigger points (knots), reducing muscular tightness and tension, remodelling scar tissue, lengthening short muscles to re-balance the dog and improving ROM, massage can produce visibly significant results in 1 to 3 sessions. CMT is a natural method of managing your dog’s health and prolonging their quality of their life.
Vet clinic Massage Days
Blue Print Studios Canine Massage sessions are also available the following vet clinics. Contact the clinic directly to make your booking.
Pets Health O'Halloran Hill - 8381 2300
Pet Doctor Woodville - 8268 6777